From Stamps of the World
Egloskerry village is in the county of Cornwall, 6km west of Launceston. Egloskerry parish consists of the village itself and many outlying hamlets and farms, including Tregeare, Badharlick and Trebeath.In the village is the 15th century church of St. Keri and St. Petroc with original Norman wall and transept. The name comes directly from the Celtic Cornish language Eglos meaning church( the equivalent in modern Welsh being Eglwys).Egloskerry railway station opened on 3 October 1892 when the London & South Western Railway, or LSWR, opened a line between Launceston and Tresmeer. The small goods yard at the station closed on 9 May 1960 and the station completely a few years later. On 3 October 1966, the line that passed through Egloskerry closed entirely.