From Stamps of the World
Enniscorthy (Irish: Inis Córthaidh) is the second-largest town in County Wexford, Ireland. The Placenames Database of Ireland sheds no light on the origins of the town's name. It may refer either to the "Island of Corthaidh" or the "Island of Rocks". With a history going back to 465AD, Enniscorthy is one of the longest continuously-occupied sites in Ireland.
Enniscorthy railway station is on the Dublin–Rosslare line. The line terminates Dublin Connolly railway station in the northern direction, whilst in the southern direction it runs to Rosslare Europort, where it connects with the Stena Line ferry to Fishguard Harbour. For connecting trains to Swansea and Cardiff Central for London Paddington. There are also Irish Ferries connections from Rosslare Europort to Pembroke and Cherbourg. The station opened on 16 November 1863.