From Stamps of the World
The following error has been detected in your syntax:
* Parameter coordinates must be one or more valid locations.
Exeter is a historic city in Devon, England. It lies within the ceremonial county of Devon, of which it is the county town as well as the home of Devon County Council. Currently the administrative area has the status of a non-metropolitan district, and is therefore under the administration of the County Council. The city is on the River Exe, about 37 miles (60 km) northeast of Plymouth, and 70 miles (110 km) southwest of Bristol. According to the 2011 Census, its population in that year was 117,773.
Exeter was the most south-westerly Roman fortified settlement in Britain. Exeter Cathedral, founded in the early 12th century, became Anglican at the time of the 16th-century Reformation.
The city's transport hubs include Exeter St Davids railway station, Exeter Central railway station, the M5 motorway and Exeter International Airport connecting the city both nationally and internationally. In 1816 the Exeter Mail Coach was attacked by an escaped Lioness. Exeter was allocated the PO Numeral 285 in the lists of 1844.
Sub Office cancels should be given a new section on this page with the name of the Sub Office.
PO & MOO
Clarence Road : Clifton Road : Cawick Street
Howell Road : Polsloe Park : Robert's Road
St. James (K) : Sydney Road : Victoria Road
PO MOO Telegraph
Fore Street (H) : Heavitree (M) : Magdalen Road (G)
Queen Street : St. David's Hill (J) : St. Thomas (F)
South Street (L)
PO MOO Telegraph & Telegram
Exeter Main Office : Exwick