GB 1986 Christmas
From Stamps of the World
- Date of Issue: 18th November 1986
- Designed by Lynda Gray
- Size 41mm (h) x 30mm (v)
- Printed by Harrison & Sons Ltd
- Print Process Photogravure
- Sheet Size: 100, (2 panes of 5 x 10)
- Perforations 15 x 14
- Gum PVADex
- Stamps withdrawn from sale: 17th November 1987. Except 12p & 13p with Star on Gum. (See Below)
- A 12p stamp was issued to reduce the cost of Christmas Postage. This stamp was released by the Post Office on the 2nd of December 1986 and withdrawn on the 1st December 1987. It has the same design as the 13p except with gold lettering.
- Another 13p stamp was issued in a Christmas folder with a STAR overprint on the GUM side. This folder contained 36 stamps, (2 panes 3 by 6) with a face value of £4.68, (Cover, under the sticker incorrectly states £4.60) and was sold for £4.30 a saving of 0.38p. The phosphor band is 4.5mm instead of the normal 4mm. The folder was Issued on the 2nd of December 1986 and withdrawn from sale on 24th December 1986. Quantity Printed was 4,000,000.