Germany-Allied Occ 1945 Definitives (Washington Print)
From Stamps of the World
- Issue Date : 19 March 1945 - 31 October 1946
- Designed by : William A. Roach (1888-1969) and Victor S. McCloskey, Jr.
- Printed by : Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Washington D.C.
- Print Process : Offset
- Format : 19.2 x 22.4 mm
- Perforations : 11 x 11
- Paper : x - thick, smooth, pure-white paper with vivid image color, 0.11mm; y - thin, smooth, pure-white paper with vivid image color, 0.08-0.09mm; z - thick, coarse, cloudy, porous, fibrous, gray to brownish paper, duller image color, 0.10-0.12mm;
- Denominations : 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15 and 25 Pfennig
The printing sheet consisted of four counter sheets each having 100 stamps in a 10 x 10 format with an unprinted 10 mm inside gutter between the counter sheets. Each counter sheet, above positions 1-6 or 91-96, on the outside gutter, had the inscription "Allied Military Postage Stamps - Germany x Pfennig" and above positions 8-9 or 98-99 "PL. xxxxx". There are small cut lines in the outside margins between the counter sheets which aided in the separation of the large printing sheet into counter sheets. The 12 Pfennig had cutting lines running the entire width and height of the printing sheet on Plates 46582 and 46583.
|3 Pfennig||4 Pfennig||5 Pfennig||6 Pfennig||8 Pfennig||10 Pfennig||12 Pfennig||15 Pfennig||25 Pfennig|
|45865||45866||45867||45868||45869||45870||Mi.7z or x 45871||45872||45873|