Germany-West 1974 200th Birth Anniversary of Caspar David Friedrich
From Stamps of the World
- Issue Date : 16 August 1974
- Designed by : Beat Knoblauch, Kassel
- Printed by : Federal Printing Office, Berlin
- Print Process : Four-color photogravure
- Print Run : 30,500,000
- Format : 25 stamps per sheet
- Size : 32.8 x 55 mm
- Perforation : 14
- Paper : White Fluorescent
- Watermark : None
- Gum : Normal
- Value : 50 Pfennig
The Romantic Landscape painter, Caspar David Friedrich, was born in Griefswald September 5, 1774 and died in Dresden May 7, 1840.
Featured on the stamp is one of his best known works "Mann und Frau den Mond betrachtend."