Guatemala 2015 Post Offices of Guatemala and Paraguay
From Stamps of the World
- Issue date : 13th August 2015
- two values
- Designed by : Ziomara de León from photographs
- Printing: TNGA (Taller Nacional de Grabados en Acero), Guatemala
- Print process : lithography
- stamp format height 32mm x width 44mm (pair, width 88mm)
- Perforations : 12½ x 12½ (line)
Post Offices. Guatemala and Paraguay.
4.00Q ~ Head Post Office, Guatemala City (1937-1940), flags of Guatemala and Paraguay
4.00Q ~ The Patri Palace, the central Post Office in Ascuncion, Paraguay (1904), flags of Paraguay and Guatemala
Both designs also show architectural details, and flags flying atop the buildings
The central archway of Guatemala PO (shown on stamp) was inspired by the 17th century Santa Catalina Arch in Antigua Guatemala (ancient Spanish city).