From Stamps of the World
Pitlochry is a burgh in the council area of Perth and Kinross in Scotland, lying on the River Tummel. Its population according to the 2001 census was 2,564. It is largely a Victorian town, which developed into a tourist resort due to Queen Victoria visiting the area in 1842, and the arrival of the railway in 1863. It remains a popular tourist resort today and is particularly known as a centre for hillwalking, surrounded by mountains such as Ben Vrackie and Schiehallion. It is popular as a base for coach holidays. The town has retained many stone-built Victorian buildings and the main street has an unusual period cast iron canopy over one side.
Read more @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitlochry