From Stamps of the World
Rodna (Hungarian: Óradna, Radna; German: Altrodenau) is a commune (5,777 inhabitants in October 2011) in Bistriţa-Năsăud County, Transylvania. Between 1711 (Treaty of Szatmar) and 1918, Rodna was part of the Austrian monarchy, province of Transylvania, in Transleithania after the compromise of 1867.
Kingdom of Hungary period (1867-1918)
Austrian Empire period (until 1867)
The RODNA post-office was opened in 1856, later named Ó-Radna ("Old Rodna").