Scots Local Cancellations
From Stamps of the World
The following error has been detected in your syntax:
* Parameter coordinates must be one or more valid locations.
Scots Local Cancellations 1850 - 1860
Scots Local Cancellations - Were employed in the small countryside sub-offices and receiving houses within the towns of EWdinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen as well as a few larger towns.
Up until 1854 any letters taken in were sent uncancelled to the sub-offices 'Head office' to be cancelled. However after 1854 offices were given the instruction to cancel their own mail. There are a few varieties.
- Named double arc cancels (undated).
- Unboxed one or two lined placename cancels.
- Cancels with one line above and below the placenames.
- Cancels with two lines above and below the placenames.
- Framed Town names