Stepnica (PL)

From Stamps of the World

Stepnica (PL) a.jpg
Loading map...

Stepnica (German: Stepenitz) is a town in Goleniów County, West Pomeranian Voivodeship, in north-western Poland. It is the seat of the gmina (administrative district) called Gmina Stepnica. It lies approximately 17 kilometres (11 mi) north-west of Goleniów and 27 km (17 mi) north of Szczecin, the capital of the region. Before 1648 the area was part of Duchy of Pomerania, 1648-1945 Prussia and Germany. For the history of the region, Stepnica is situated near the estuary of the Oder River

Poland Examples[edit]

Germany era[edit]

Foreign postcard from Malmö 6.9.1896 to Stepenitz in Pommern 8.9.1896. Transit cancellation Stralsund PAQUEBOT (Hosking 924:D rare). PAQUEBOT postmarks were introduced in 1894 in accordance with a decision from 1892 among the members of UPU. Letters posted on board a ship were thus brought to a post office in the next port of arrival for cancellation.