Albersweiler is a municipality in the Südliche Weinstraße ("Southern Wine Road") district, in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It is part of the Verbandsgemeinde Annweiler am Trifels.
During the Nineteenth century, Albersweiler was a farming village, with most residents involved in wine production. In 1832, the people of the hamlet built a Catholic school and began to build a Protestant school. The Catholic parish of St. Stephen was built starting in 1843. The Lutheran church was built in 1846. Both buildings were designed by the famous Bavarian architect August von Voit. The Jewish community built a synagogue in 1865, which was destroyed in 1938.
Toward the end of the nineteenth century, the granite quarry on the western edge of Albersweier grew as an industrial location, with a porcelain factory, a glove factory, a shoe factory, a "sulfur kitchen" (schwefelküche) and a match factory. In 1925, the installation of the local power grid was completed.
During the Second World War, the stationing of weapons in a tunnel resulted in repeated bombings by allied aircraft. In the postwar years, the damage was repaired. In 1954-1955, the community built a canal, and new areas were opened for residential building. In 1984, a new bypass was opened to relieve the city of the burden of heavy through-traffic. In 1972, Albersweiler became a part of the local municipality of Annweiler on Trifels. Since 1969, it has belonged to the Landkreis (district) of Landau-Bad Bergzabern, which was renamed in 1978 to Südliche Weinstrasse.