Australia 2003 Legends - Tennis Players
- Issue date: 24 January 2003
- Designed by: Belinda Marshall
- Printed by: SNP Sprint
- Print process: lithography
- Stamp size: 37.5mm x 26mm
The recipients of the 2003 Australia Day, Australian Legends Award and the subjects of this year’s Australian Legends stamp issue – Margaret Court MBE and Rod Laver MBE – are undeniably giants of, not simply Australian tennis, but world tennis.
- Perforations: 13.75 x 14.5
- Format: sheets of 50 (two panes of 25 separated by printed gutter)
The third stamp shows Rod Laver MBE holding his 1969 Wimbledon trophy after winning the title for the fourth time. The fourth stamp shows him in action about to hit a backhand, his favourite and most lethal shot.
The gutter is printed with images of the Grand Slam trophies.
- Perforations: serpentine die cut 11 x 11½
- Format: booklet of 10
First Day Cover
The first day of issue postmark was Kooyong VIC 3144. An official FDC for the self-adhesive stamps was not produced.