Bahamas 1983 Surcharges upon 1980 definitives
- Issue date: 5th April 1983
- four values with surcharge
- Designed by: John Waddington Studio
- Printed by: Format International London
- Print process: lithography
- stamp format format height 32mm x width 39½mm
- Perforations: 13 x 12.5
- Watermark multiple CA and Crown spiral
Definitives of 1980 surcharged with new denominations (1983)
- Notes. Stamps designs of 1980 with new values printed in black (and two bars over old value).
- these are probably from a new printing of the stamps as the values known with inverted watermark are not reported from the original 1980 printings.
20c on 15c ~ slave trading, Vendue House
31c on 21c ~ bootlegging (smuggling of alcoholic drinks in to United States, 1919-1929)
35c on 16c ~ wrecking in the 19th century - ship lured on to rocks by false light
80c on 18c ~ blockade running to Confederacy during American civil war, 1861-1865