Bielsko-Biawa (PL)

From Stamps of the World

Bielsko-Biała [ˈbʲɛlskɔ ˈbʲawa] (Czech: Bílsko-Bělá; German: Bielitz-Biala) is a city (172,030 inhabitants end 2016) in Southern Poland. The city is a major industrial (particularly automotive), transport and tourism hub. Neighbouring the Beskid Mountains to the south, Bielsko-Biała is composed of two former cities on opposite banks of the Biała River, Silesian Bielsko and Lesser Poland's Biała, merged in 1951. Historically, in the Austrian Galicia crownland.

Loading map...

Postmark in Poland before 1951

Postmarks in Austria-Hungary (1867-1918)

Fingerhut at BIAŁA in 1874, type afj.
Circle at BIAŁA in April 1906.
Bridge at BIAŁA in June 1906.

Postmarks in Austrian Empire Galicia province

The BIALA post office opened before 1850, seat of a 'Bezirkshauptmannschaft in Austrian Galicia.

Linear BIALA on the 1854 issue.