Camperdown is a historically significant rural town in southwestern Victoria, Australia, 190 kilometres (120 mi) west of the state capital, Melbourne. At the 2016 census, Camperdown had a population of 3,369. The town was surveyed in 1851 and named Camperdown after the Scottish naval hero Lord Viscount Adam Duncan the Earl of Camperdown. The first dwelling was erected on the site of the present Commercial Hotel in 1853 and the Post Office opened on 1 January 1854 replacing an earlier one in the area named Timboon.
The town is renowned for its classic historical buildings. Central is the 103-foot (31 m) high Gothic Manifold Clock Tower, built 1897, which sits in a wide elm-lined median between the dual carriageways of Manifold Street, named in honour of one of the pioneer pastoralists. Tower Avenue's Boer War memorial, Soldiers' memorial, memorial cross and JC Manifold statue are all listed on the Victorian Heritage Register. Among the many other classic buildings are the 1886-7 two-storey Georgian style Court House, the 1863 two-storey bluestone (granite) Camperdown Post Office, Theatre Royal (1890) and Masonic Hall (1867–68).