To see only pages that require images (have placeholders with no image) visit : Baden Image Requirements
Prior to the North German Confederation, German States stamps were issued by most of the separate Germanic kingdoms, duchies, free-cities, etc. of Northern Europe.
The State of Baden has existed since the 12th Century, but the Grand Duchy of Baden came into existence in 1806, following the dissolution of the Holy Roman Empire. It became a republic for a while in 1849, following the German uprisings of 1848, but Prussia intervened, and the Grand Duchy was restored.
The last Grand Duke of Baden, Frederick I (1852-1907), was an ally of Prussia and helped to found the German Empire, which Baden joined in 1871. In 1918, following the end of World War I, Baden became part of the Weimar Republic, as the Republic of Baden. It is now part of the German state of Baden-Württemberg.
The stamps of Baden lost their validity on 31 December 1871, being replaced by the Reichspost.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Baden Definitives (6)
Pages in category "Baden"
The following 9 pages are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Baden 1851 Definitives - Numerals
- Baden 1852-1854 Definitives - Numerals - New Colours
- Baden 1858 Numeral 3 kr blue
- Baden 1860-1862 Definitives - Coat of Arms - Shaded Background
- Baden 1862-1864 Definitives - Coat of Arms - Uncoloured Background
- Baden 1862 Postage Due Stamps
- Baden Postal Stationeries 1863
- Baden Postal Stationeries 1866-1871
- Baden 1868 Coat of Arms (type 2)