GB 1966 Battle of Hastings 1066
From Stamps of the World
- Date of Issue: 14th October 1966
- Designed by: David Gentleman. Scenes are from the Bayeux Tapestry.
- Printed by: Harrison's
- Print Process: Photogravure
- Sheet Format: 4d. 120 (6 x 20). 4d are in Se-tenant Strips of 6. 6d & 1/3d. 60 (6 x 10).
- Stamp Size: 4d & 6d. 40mm x 24mm. 1/3d. 62mm x 24mm
- Perforations 15 x 14
- Paper/Gum: Chalk Surfaced Paper/Gum Arabic
- Watermark: Multiple Crown
- Withdrawn: 13th October 1967 (6d Phosphor Stamp sold out by September 1967)
- Note: Stamps were Issued with and without Phosphor Bands
- Stamps issued in Se-tenant strips of 6 within the sheet. Results in 20 Se-tenant strips of 6.