GB 1d Red Die II Plate 41
From Stamps of the World
- Put to Press Date: 7 April 1856
- Destroyed: Not known or recorded but was showing as withdrawn 7 March 1864, as this is a long period for a plate it may have been held in reserve for some periods.
- Sheets printed 361,609
- Constant Plate characteristics:
- Not seen on blued paper OR in transitional shades, which suggests printing from the plate occurred a while after it had been registered
- LC perf 14
- A repair to the plate was noted, however it is not known when or how the repair was made. Many re-entries are known and described below.
- Re-entries were made to almost all the A,B,C & D rows stamps.
- One o'clock main ray is weak on all stamps except those having been re-entered.
- Main North East Ray of North East square is generally short. (Plates 37-49 & 52-60)
- Most units showing the ⅔ break in East frame (Plates 37-49 & 52-60)
|A Row |||B Row |||C Row |||D Row |||E Row |||F Row |||G Row |||H Row |||I Row |||J Row ||
|K Row |||L Row |||M Row |||N Row |||O Row |||P Row |||Q Row |||R Row |||S Row |||T Row ||