Iceland 1938 Leif Eriksson
- Label : "Royal Danish Post for Iceland"; 1938; commemorative block to the "Leif Ericsson‘s Day"; stamp motives with the Leif-Eriksson‘s monument in Reykjavik (30 and 60 (Aurar), Leif Eriksson (around 970 - around 1020 AD, son of Erik the Red), leader of the first Vikings expedition to America in 1000 (or earlier), North America = Vinland, expedition from Greenland), and a map of Iceland on the earth globe (40 (Aurar)); issue of 1 block à 3 stamps
- Issue date : 09 October 1938
- Catalogue numbers : Michel: No. 197-199 (Block 2); Yvert & Tellier: No. BF2; Scott: No. B6; AFA: No. 199-201
- Colors : red – dark emerald green - violet(stamps)
- Watermark : none
- Nominal values :
- - 30 (Aurar) – 60 (Aurar) – 40 (Aurar) (stamps)
- - price of sale: 2 Kr
- Postage validity : to 08 October 1939
- Designed by : Arni Sveindbjörnsson
- Printed by : "Österreichische Staatsdruckerei", Vienna (Austria)
- Print process :
- - Photogravure (stamps)
- - Letterpress printing (block frame)
- Perforation : Harrow perforation, Ks 12½
- Size :
- - 30 (A.), 40 (A.): printed area of a single stamp: 23.0 x 31.0 mm
- - 60 (A.): printed area of a single stamp: 27.0 x 31.0 mm
- - cutted format of the block: 139 x 100 mm
- Print run : 200,000 blocks à 3 stamps
Commemorative block to the "Leif Ericsson‘s Day"
(issue of 1 block à 3 stamps)
30 (A.) (left): The stamp motive shows the Leif-Eriksson-monument in Reykjavik.
40 (A.) (right): The stamp motive shows the Leif Eriksson statue in Reykjavik.
60 (A.) (middle): The stamp motive shows a map of Iceland on the earth globe.