Landau in der Pfalz (DE)
Landau in der Pfalz is an autonomous (kreisfrei) town (45,362 inhabitants end 2015) surrounded by the Südliche Weinstraße (Southern Wine Route) district of Rhineland-Palatinate. It is a university town, a long-standing cultural centre, surrounded by vineyards and wine-growing villages of the Palatinate wine region. Landau lies east of the Palatinate forest, Europe's largest contiguous forest. It contains the districts (Stadtteile) of Arzheim, Dammheim, Godramstein, Mörlheim, Mörzheim, Nussdorf, Queichheim, and Wollmesheim.
It used stamps issued by the Bavaria (Bayern) State until 1920.
To be confirmed
German Empire era
Bavaria State era
Until 31 March 1920.
A Bavarian Royal post office k.b. Postamt opened in 1816. It used numerals 173 and 267 (after 1858) within a mill wheel (Mühlrad). Not to be confused with Landau a.d. Isar (Lower Bavaria).