Neckarelz (DE)

From Stamps of the World
Neckarelz (DE) a.jpg
Loading map...

Neckarelz is a suburb of Mosbach in Baden-Württemberg, Germany at the confluence of the Neckar and Elz rivers.

The town was part of the Electorate of the Palatinate from around 1362.

From 1944 to 1945, there was an annex or subcamp of Natzweiler-Struthof concentration camp in Neckarelz, with the prisoners barracked in the school. The factory in Obrigheim which produced bomber engines used nearly ten thousand prisoners, of whom about half came from the concentration camp. In April 1945, 900 of them were rescued.

Postmark Examples

Neckarelz (DE) a.jpg