Sebnitz is a town in the Sächsische Schweiz-Osterzgebirge district, in the Free State of Saxony, Germany. In 1451 it was first mentioned as a town. A new town hall was built in 1714/1715, but was destroyed together with numerous other buildings, among them the school house, in a fire in 1854. Around 1900 Sebnitz became a centre of the manufacture of artificial flowers.
Postmark in Unified-Germany
Postal codes ::::.
Postmark in East Germany
Postmark in Occupied Zone
July 1945 - October 1949 After World War II the town came under the control of The Allied Russian Military Command. On 7 October 1949, the Soviet zone became the German Democratic Republic.
Postmark in German Empire
Postmark in North German Confederation
Since 1 January 1868.
Postmark in Kingdom of Saxony
A post office opened in 1823. It used a postal code 104.