From Stamps of the World
Albert Decaris (1901-1988) was a French artist, engraver, and painter. At only 19, he won the Concours de Rome, the most prized award for young artists in France at the time (Wiki). In 1935 his first designed and engraved stamp was issued in France. This was the beginning of a long and illustrious career. Decaris went on to engrave over 200 stamps for France alone. He also engraved many stamps for the French Territories.
Albert Decaris Stamps!
Please note these links are to an external site. Wiki Pages can be found under the section Pages in category
- France 1935 - S.S. Normandie
- France 1935 - Church of St. Trophime
- France 1946 - Joan of Arc
- France 1948 - Luxembourg Palace Reissue
- France 1949 - Trades
- France 1950 - Francois Rabelais
- France 1951 - Georges Clemenceau
- France 1951 - Stamp Day
- France 1952 - Leonardo Da Vinci
- France 1953 - Tour de France
Pages in category "Decaris, Albert"
The following 110 pages are in this category, out of 110 total.