Australia 2001 Christmas
- Issue Date: 1 November 2001
- Designed by: Beth McKinlay
- Printed by: SNP Ausprint, PMP Print (aerogramme)
- Print Process: Lithography
- Stamp Size: 26 mm x 37.5 mm
- Withdrawal date: 30 November 2002
The designs by Beth McKinlay of Australia Post’s Design Studio build on four exquisite miniatures from the manuscript. By using contemporary typography and design they have brought the traditional Christmas images into the modern era.
- Perforations: 14½ x 14
- Format: sheets of 50 (two panes of 25 separated by gutter)
40c Adoration of the Magi Stamp
45c Flight into Egypt Stamp
- Perforations: 11½ x 11¼, serpentine die cut
- Format: booklets of 20
This design is also based on miniatures from the Wharncliffe Hours. The illustration area shows the Nativity. The stamp area shows the Virgin holding the baby Jesus. This image is taken from the initial ‘O’ of the prayer to the Virgin which begins ‘Obsecro Te’ (I beseech thee).
First Day Cover
The first day of issue postmark was Kings Meadows TAS 7249. An official first day cover of the self-adhesive varieties was not produced.