Australia 2001 The Queen's Birthday
- Issue Date: 12 April 2001
- Designed by: Thomas Ledwidge
- Printed by: McPherson's Printing
- Print Process: Lithography
- Perforations: 14 x 14½
- Stamp Size: 26 mm x 37.5 mm
- Format: sheetlets of 10
- Withdrawal date: 30 April 2002
Australia Post's annual Queen’s Birthday issue features a contemporary photograph of the Queen taken in Glasgow, Scotland in 1999. The background texture is a script ‘ERII’ motif, which is also used in the centre of the FDI postmarker. The silk background used in the pack, sheetlet and maximum cards emphasises the Queen’s grace and femininity.
The sheetlet has a decorative selvedge marking the occasion of the Queen’s 75th birthday.
First Day Cover
The first day of issue postmark was Elizabeth SA 5112.