Germany-DDR 1990 Museum for German History, Berlin
- Label : "Deutsche Post" of the German Democratic Republic; 1990; commemorative stamps of the issue "Museum for German History, Berlin (Museum für Deutsche Geschichte Berlin)"
issue of 2 stamps
The "Museum für Deutsche Geschichte, Berlin" is located since 1952 in the former "Zeughaus" in Berlin-Mitte, Unter den Linden. The 22 baroque reliefs "Heads of a dying warrior" in the inner yard of this building were created in 1698/1699 by the sculptor and architect Andreas Schlüter (1660-1714) are the capstones for the arched windows of the ground-floor. The stamps show two of these 22 baroque reliefs. Since 2003 this museum has the name "Deutsches Historisches Museum" and belongs contemporary to the "Stiftung Deutsches Historisches Museum" (DHM).
- Catalogue numbers : Michel: No. 3318+3319; Yvert & Tellier: No. 2922+2923; Scott: No. 2806+2807; AFA: 2977+2978
- Color : multicolored
- Watermark : none
- Nominal valus : 40 - 70 (Pfennig)
- Postage validity : 06 March 1990 - 02 October 1990
- Designed by : Ebert (?)
- Printed by : "Deutsche Wertpapierdruckrei", Leipzig
- Print process : Photogravure on luminescent paper
- Perforation : Comb perforation, K 13¾ : 14
- Print runs :
- - 40 (Pfennig) : 3,000,000 in sheets à 50 stamps (10x5)
- - 70 (Pfennig) : 2,100,000 in sheets à 50 stamps (10x5)
- Stamp size (printed area of a single stamp with year line and longing of the cetral picture of the motive): 23.5 x 29.0 mm
- First day postmark : one-line circle-segment special cancellation at "1085 Berlin", with 34.0 mm width and 40.0 mm high, 06-03-1990
Commemorative stamps of the issue "Museumfor German History, Berlin"
(issue of 2 stamps)