Erlangen is a city (105,624 inhabitants end 2013) in Middle Franconia, Bavaria. It is located north-west of Nuremberg at the confluence of the rivers Regnitz and Untere Schwabach. It used stamps issued by the Bavaria (Bayern) State until 1920.
Allied Occupied Germany
Postamt, Hugenottplatz 1
Zweigpostamt, Luitpoldstr. 42; closed April 1945 and reopened 1 December 1946.
Bavaria State era
Until 31 March 1920.
A Royal post office (k.b. Postamt) opened in 1808.
ERLANGEN used numerals 78 and 114 (after 1856) within a mill wheel (Mühlrad).