Italy 1922 Express overprinted
- Edition : "Poste del Regno d'Italia", express stamp of the issue "Frontal effigy of King Victor Emanuel III in oval - type floreal with overprint"; issue of 1 stamp
- Issue Dates : 09 January 1922
- Catalogue numbers : Michel No. 148 (= No. 130 from 1920 with overprint); Yvert & Tellier: No. E8; Scott No. E11
- Color : red with black overprint
- Watermark : Italy No.1 (crown)
- Nominal value : 60 Cent. (Centesimi) on 50 Cent. (Centesimi)
- Postal validity : to 31 May 1925
- Designed by : Alberto Repettati
- Printery : "Officina carte valori", Turin
- Print Process : letterpress printing (stamp + overprint)
- Perforations : comb perforation, K 14
Express stamp of the issue "Frontal effigy of King Victor Emanuel III in oval - type floreal with overprint"
The stamp motive shows an frontal effigy of King Victor Emanuel III of Italy in standing oval (left part of the stamp) - type Floreal with overprint" in the drawing of Alberto Repettati. This stamp was sold from January 1922 onwards after an increasing of the postal tariffs in Italy and so long a new 60-Cent.-stamp was still not issued. The depicted stamp is postmarked on the railway line Trento (= Trient)-Brennero (a village in South Tyrol near the Austrian border on Italian side) on 10 Aug 1923. The depicted stamp is a Perfin, chadded with "F.G".