Landshut is a town (66,179 inhabitants end 2013) in Lower Bavaria in the south-east of Germany, situated on the banks of the River Isar. Landshut is the capital of Lower Bavaria, one of the seven administrative regions of the Free State of Bavaria. It is also the seat of the surrounding district.
It used stamps issued by the Bavaria (Bayern) State until 1920.
Allied Occupied Germany
Bavaria State era
Until 31 March 1920.
A Royal post office (k.b. Postamt) opened in 1808. It used numerals 175 and 269 (after 1857) within a mill wheel (Mühlrad).